Monday, May 14, 2012

Helping Year 5 Making Their Books

During the final week of March, I was helping out the class teachers in assisting the students to complete their books. I was not the only one, there were other parent volunteers too. Basically, our tasks were to cut the cards to make the covers, cut out the blank papers to make the pages, cut out the fabric for the cover of the book, sew in the pages into the cover and assist the kids in gluing the fabric to the covers. That's all we did, the kids would paste their homeworks onto the blank pages themselves.

To be honest, this was the most exciting project I had ever helped at the school. I was glad to help because in the process I learned something precious, making your very own book. It was actually super duper easy !!!



In my excitement, I forgot to take pictures of the process, however on the last day, I did manage to take a few pictures
Gluing the fabric onto the covers

The pages sewed in.


Ready to paste the homework in..

This project also allowed me to look at the interesting works that some of the kids did. Some kids were truly creative.

This lovely girl was showing me her family tree. 

The books were displayed recently for the parents to see during the Year 5 Local Study Exhibition.




Such a treasure these books will be one day :D

4 comments:

Azrey Rozie Eiman said...

Cool! So u r one of the class parent? Bestnye :) Me ntah bila nak do that.

i amsterdam said...

I'm not the class mum, but I do volunteer from time to time. It gives me access to the childrens' work. You know how it is here, they do not have textbooks etc.. you don't know what the kids learn in class. This is how I find out.

Cheqna said...

That's cool..may be you can do a scrap book of your own?

I remember "making" books in one of the art classes though couldnt remember when exactly...for that I might need gingko (as cats wld say..haha)

:-)

i amsterdam said...

Cheqna,

I never made any books before, that's why I was so excited!! I did make one for me to keep :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails